Natural flight is generated by birds alone in this world from times immemorial. Though man tried valiantly to break this jinx, there has been no success experienced so far. There have been several funny instances of standing on a small mountain, tying two pneumatic artificial feathers and then jumping from there to fly like birds.
However, here are some of the interesting facts for you in short.
- Birds achieve flight naturally because of their bones constructed in such a way that they are able to fly high for miles in an effortless manner. This is because of pneumatics.
- Humans have started flying objects thousands of years beginning with kites. However, it was recently that they started flying major objects like gliders and then airplanes.
- Supersonic flight is a type of moving object developed by the humans with latest technology included, which is capable of traveling faster than that of sound.
- Many people tried unsuccessfully to produce the first flight in the world. However, it was made possible by Wright brothers who created and flown the first successful plane.
- Planes fly based upon the fuel they contain inside. However, the natural hindrances such as distortion and wind decrease the speed at which they flow.
- Airplane engine plays a crucial role in thrusting the plane forward so fast that it generates the power to fly in the air. Similarly, reduces the force with which it is again grounded.
- The only mammals capable of flying to the complete level similar like birds are bats. Though there are other mammals known to glide, they cannot display full level flying skills.
- Certain fishes too are known to have achieved flight as they are capable of successfully gliding to shorter distances. It will be then carried to several hundreds of meters easily.