How much you know about different cell structures? Cells are building blocks of living organism and are of two types viz Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes. You might have read a lot in your biology book about the Prokaryotes which are single celled organisms. Here are some facts about Prokaryotes some of which you must known but not all because biology books only limited information about Prokaryotes cell.
- Prokaryotes are well known as the most primitive form of life on earth . Bacterial and archons are the real organizer of three domain system owned by Prokaryotes.
- Prokaryotes DNA is circular in shape because of absence of membrane bound nucleus on their cell structure. Their DNA is also naked which makes them comfortable to live in different types of environment.
- Prokaryotes cells are easily adaptable to changing environmental conditions and can survive under extreme habitats. They can adapt on swamps, animals guts, wetlands, hydrothermal vents and hot springs with ease and comfort.
- Prokaryotes Cell structure is not complex like Eukaryotic cells. Their membrane do not contain nucleus but rest cell structure a easily coiled up in cytoplasm region to form nucleoid.
- Prokaryotes cells are very small in size. You can analyze the smaller behavior of their cells that an average bacterial cell of Prokaryotes is around 8 micrometers in length. Prokaryotes cell also do not have presence of mitochondria which are found in Eukaryotic cells.
- The cell wall present in the Prokaryotic cells is not made from cellulose that differ them from other cell structures. Prokaryotic cells are well known for having extra DNA in their cell structure which performs different important functions of the body. In biological terminology, extra DNA in their structures is well known as Plasmids.