When we buy anything we need to know all essential information about that item, either it is a little pin or a ship. Now this is the matter of motorcycle, when we buy a new motorcycle we need all information about motorcycle such as original price, configuration and all specification included internal system. And after this the next step is to check all the documents relates to motorcycle i.e warranty paper, servicing paper or its insurance paper. After checking all the things about motorcycle it’s now term to check driving conditions, it’s about the motorcycle tires. Slick tires are more comfort on wet road than the treaded tires because slick tires offer more grip on wet road than traded tires. Motorcycles and scooters are, on average, about twice as fuel efficient as cars.
There are some interesting facts about motorcycle are described below.
- In the 1920’s some farm boys, who became known as “hog boys”, continuously won motorcycle races and had a live hog as their mascot. After a win, they would put the hog on the motorcycle and does a victory lap with it. In 1983, Harley Davidson formed a group call HOG., Harley Owners Group. Eventually Harley Davidson attempted to trademark the word “hog”, but lost the case. In 1999, it was officially ruled that the term “hog” officially meant any generic type of large motorcycle and could therefore not be trademarked.
- One in five upgraded bikes in inner cities gets stolen. People believe that Harley Davidson is the most stolen motorcycle when in fact it is Honda. The next most stolen motorcycles are: Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Harley Davidson.
- Up to 25 per cent of bike theft claims are fraudulent. In today’s economy, some people think that a way to get some of their money back is to report their motorcycle as stolen, in hopes that they can get some money back from the insurance companies. There are several ways that people do this. They can leave their motorcycle in a random ally, or in a bad neighborhood, then report its stolen. Or they will pay someone to steal it, and then file a theft claim. Another way that some people attempt to report a false claim is by selling their motorcycle to someone and have them resell it overseas, then report it stolen when it is overseas. In the US, the punishment for filing false insurance claims can be anywhere from a fine, if someone was injured it can result in 10 years to 20, years in jail. If someone was killed due to the actions taken to commit fraud, a possible punishment is a life sentence
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that in 2000, 631 motorcyclists were saved by wearing their helmet.
- The German inventor Gottlieb Daimler is generally credited with building the first practical motorcycle in 1885.
- The fastest motorcycle is the Dodge Tomahawk, a prototype with an unusual design, featuring the 500 hp (373 kW) 8.3 L V10 engine from the Dodge Viper.